Chorley’s are best known for their Country House sales with recent auctions including selected contents from Beverston Castle, Spetchley Park and Ombersley Court. Sale results for contents sales of this type remain buoyant due to the enduring desirability of old family provenance in the eyes of collectors.
The service we offer our clients is tailored to their individual requirements. We are particularly experienced in dealing with sales at the time of a generational handover of a country house. Chorley’s (and our valuers working in Bruton Knowles Art & Antiques department) have been involved in many of the great country house sales across Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and the surrounding counties.
Some notable sales include
- Ombersley Court, Worcestershire, selected contents 1962
- Highnam Court, Gloucestershire - 1971
- Spetchley Park, Worcestershire, selected contents - 1978
- The Summerfield Sale - 1989-1990
- Rous Lench Court, Worcestershire, 1991
- The Shambles Museum Sale – 2009
- Bourton House, Gloucestershire, selected contents - 2010
- The Bridgeman collection - 2010
- Corsham Court, Wiltshire, selected contents – 2013
- Plas Gwyn, Anglesey, selected contents – 2015
- Cubberley House, Herefordshire, selected contents – 2018
- The WHSmith Archive, selected items – 2019
- Beverston Castle, Gloucestershire, selected contents – 2019
- Eastington Hall, Worcestershire, selected contents - 2019
- Ombersley Court, Worcestershire, selected contents 2019
- Spetchley Park, Worcestershire, selected contents - 2020
Step 1: Your Item
Step 2: Your Details
Fields marked with * are required
Thank you for your submission, one of our specialists will review the information provided and be in contact soon.