Job Opportunity | Senior Auctioneer & Valuer
Senior Valuer & Auctioneer
We are inviting applications for the role of Senior Valuer & Auctioneer to join our established team and help drive the business forward.
The applicant must have a sound knowledge and recent experience of all aspects of the fine art auction and valuation industry. A high standard of cataloguing skills is required and specialist knowledge would be an advantage, to produce the high-quality auction catalogues and valuation reports expected by the business. We are seeking someone who can uphold our strict professional standards, and with the client and business development skills needed to grow the business in the challenging auction world. The successful applicant will work within a motivated team within the business and be expected to assist in administrative skills as required.
- Previous employment at an auction house with experience of valuing and cataloguing
- A broad general knowledge of art and antiques and/or a detailed knowledge of one specialism
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good people skills and the ability to secure consignments and develop new business
- Auctioneering experience
- Auction Valuations – at the saleroom, at clients' houses, and via email.
- Insurance & Probate Valuations – at clients' houses, researching and compiling formal inventories.
- Cataloguing – researching and describing items consigned for sale
- Client Management – ensuring that vendors are kept informed of the auction arrangements, and that formal valuations are completed to the satisfaction of the instructing parties.
- Auctioneering and telephone bidding
Competitive salary dependant on experience.
Applications of CV and covering letter, including salary expectations, should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.orgView all news